As the Market Area P&C Manager, you will drive People & Culture tactical and operational approach for New York locations, driving uniformity and scale across units. Ensure close cooperation across the People & Culture organization by providing operational support and guidance to Unit P&C Managers as well as delivering high-quality People services to units through centralized operational team.
Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience
Minimum of 2 years of experience in people manager role
Experience working within the New York Market areas
Preferably living in NY Metro or surrounding NY area or within CT or Northern NJ
Proven record of developing people and organizations
Experience from a global matrix organization and/or participating on global projects Preferred: Cross-functional understanding of INGKA/IKEA Matrix and operations
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Networks with stakeholders across the Market Area, both People & Culture and other functions, to proactively monitor and manage People needs for today and the future
• Matrix manager for Unit People & Culture Managers - responsible for recruiting and on-boarding this role
• Participates in Unit Boards – driving overarching People tactical approach for the Market Area across Units
• Responsible for all People issues escalated beyond Unit P&C Manager – responsible for involving relevant specialists from People & Culture functions as needed e.g. Co-worker relations specialist
• Manages succession planning for the Market Area in cooperation with the Succession Planning Specialist
• Responsible for all People aspects linked to expansion in the Market Area In those areas where the Market Area People & Culture Manager has a team of operational resources:
• Leads and develops a tactically and operationally focused team of resources ensuring the team works effectively, collaboratively, and creatively with individuals and teams throughout the company
• Establishes a high standard of excellence within the Market Area – cooperating with relevant stakeholders at Service Office and Unit level to deliver the highest possible standard of People service delivery
• Responsible for transmission of Market Area needs to the relevant function at Service Office level e.g. Competence Development content
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
At the heart of our business are people. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. To create an inspiring IKEA experience we need to make sure our coworkers have the preconditions to meet our customers in the best possible way.
The purpose of the People and Culture function is to secure the competence and organization to reach our business ambitions.
To succeed, we are focusing on three movements: 1. People choose IKEA for what we stand for 2. Engaged IKEA people with customers at heart 3. A modern, lean and agile IKEA fit for growth