Jobs > National_Activity Specialist
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
- To inspire and surprise visitors by presenting and communicating the IKEA Home furnishing offer with strong visual impressions that exceed visitor’s expectations. This will strengthen the IKEA Brand and convert more visitors into customers.
- To lead the entire Com&In team to from planning process to implementation for all Store launches and activities
- To ensure that external MEDIA & DIGITAL ADVERTISING and Store communication is aligned with Local Marketing program (in coordination with Com & in team and Marketing team - SO) and researched, formulated and delivered in an accurate, timely, high quality and effective manner to have the same tone of voice in the customer journey.
- To lead, develop and inspire the Store CAT team, other store functions and the Communication and Interior Design co-workers in increasing vitality and seasonality, knowledge of life at home and local market.
- Support IKEA FAMILY membership, program and activities include creating fun, surprising and relevant store solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA Brand and the IKEA store as an up-to-date and innovative destination that always offers something new.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead the vitality Calendar in the store and in parallel with marketing (Project leader for all launches and work on planning (store media mix, commercial meetings, implementing and follow up together with the Sales Activity leader) while putting commerciality as priority
- Contribute alongside VM manager and ID manager to inspire the Visual Merchandising and Interior Design/Activity co-workers and develop their visual merchandising and range presentation competence in order to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in the stores
- Aid in the process with the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers in creating inspiring range presentation solutions that reflect life at home activities with seasonal relevance connected to the commercial activities
- Contributes in delivering the department action plan and ensures that specific store design initiatives are focused in order to grow our business and supporting Vitality/Activity commercial calendar.
- Lead the Commercial CAT team in the store and take all the necessary steps to get an activity implemented
- Actively contribute in the regional Visual Merchandising Leaders network and share regional directions and global tools with the ComIn team in the store.
- Ensure IKEA uniqueness and IKEA Brand identity in range presentation and store communication in order to distance us from the competition. Taking ownership for how we are working with our Vitality calendar and Store activities.
- Using knowledge of the IKEA Concept, strategic messages and the IKEA Swedish identity to plan, create and implement store solutions that support the commercial priorities and facilitate the mechanical sales system.
- Contribute to deliver the IKEA FAMILY action plan based on local potentials.
- Work with IKEA FAMILY responsible to create new ideas and increase IKEA FAMILY membership.
- Coordinate with the Com&In and Marketing team in Service Office for supporting national marketing initiatives (e.g.: catalogue & catalogue distribution, promotions, soft toy campaign and other online/offline initiatives) supporting the Vitality/Activity calendar.
- Support and execution of projects that support the Marketing business plan.
- Lead the ComIn team with any project that is related to the business calendar other than our launches and local activities
- Bachelor degree in Architecture, applied arts, Interior Design, design school and construction
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in related field with IKEA
- Significant experience of working as a Visual Merchandiser/ Activity leader in an IKEA Store or Service office. A higher education qualification in Interior design and Visual Merchandise.
- Must possess analytical and strategic skills for potential succession planning.
- Must be a multi-tasked and have a strong team spirit.
- Must be computer literate (All Microsoft Programs).
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Good Business acumen
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, budgets and following up on goals.
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with different target groups (co-workers, store management and commercial team) resulting in the establishment of strong communication networks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans.
- Ability to work autonomously and multi-task accordingly.
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a larger team
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.