Jobs > Business Navigation & Operations Manager, IKEA Damansara
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
I use my knowledge of IKEA and our local market to work together with the management group and my team, in an inspiring, supportive and challenging way. I do this to steer the store towards growth, optimal performance and sustained long term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives and values. I always take a multi-dimensional view, considering customer, commercial, people, financial and operational perspectives.
- Actively contributing to the development of the store Business Plan, ensuring it is aligned with IKEA global directions, the country’s priorities and local potential.
- Using my knowledge of the store, our global and country priorities and the local market to support the development of our local Marketing Plan and Commercial Strategy.
- I am responsible for co-coordinating and agreeing updated forecasts throughout the year.
- I steer effective use of staffing resources through using productivity measurement to ensure we constantly evaluate and improve our staff planning.
- I monitor and analyse the staff cost and work with the HR Manager to ensure that we have the appropriate mix of staff to work in the most cost efficient way and meet our staff cost budget.
- Safety and security - ensuring that the rules and guidelines from the IKEA Group Risk Manual and country legislation are implemented and monitored in order to ensure the safety of our co-workers and visitors and that our property is safeguarded.
- Property and maintenance - ensuring the store is in shape as new by managing maintenance and property.
- I secure that our investments minimise the environmental impact and that consumptions (like energy, gas, water etc.) are as efficient as possible.
- ASR/Admin., Rules & guidelines and Local Routines – ensuring that the managers understand and agree on expectations and standards within their teams regarding routines and regularly follow up on these.
- Cash administration and Accounting - I am responsible for accurate administration in accordance with the legal framework in our country and the IKEA financial rules.
- IT – ensure we are in-line with IKEA standards and have the appropriate approved tools in place to maximise productivity and efficiency.
- Recovery - effectively managing the recovery department to achieve the best balance between ASIS sales and costs, in-line with the IKEA commitment to being a responsible company when it comes to sustainability.
- I am seen by co-workers in all functions as an approachable, trustworthy and knowledgeable speaking partner who leads by example.
- I actively lead and develop co-operation across all areas of the store, through working closely together, sharing knowledge and showing understanding of each other’s responsibilities in order to achieve our objectives.
- I create an environment where the IKEA culture is strong and diversity is valued.
- I connect with country Business Navigation and other store BNOMs to share ideas for improving growth and long-term profitability and actively support national and global projects.
- I'm having the full overview of the Profit & Loss (P&L) for the store and understand how different actions impact the different lines in the P&L.
- Working together with the commercial team and the shopkeepers and IKEA Food (IF) to broaden our commercial and financial knowledge, in order to maximise the commercial opportunities in our local market.
- I encourage taking fast action on opportunities as well as acting on customer feedback, competition,supply and performance analysis.
- Seeking and identifying business opportunities which will grow sales and improve gross profit by using all available information and benchmarking with other stores.
- Working in partnership with the Management team to lead the staff planning process within the store.
- Has at least 7 years working experience in a financial/commercial role including leadership ability
- Understand the profit and loss and how to affect its result through actions
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, setting budgets, provide clear direction and following up goals
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click here to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be processed when you complete the assignment.
Please apply by 15-NOV-2021