Jobs > Retail Build Up Manager (8 month contract)
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
The IKEA Retail Build up Leader is responsible for achieving the project objectives according to the specific project brief for commercial planning compilation and revision of one or several retail expansion projects. S/he is also responsible for contributing to activities and continuously improving the way of working in retail and expansion.
IKEA Retail Build up Leader will report to Retail Project Leader. The scope is to include securing timely and proper coordination of commercial planning compilation and revision by working closely with the IKEA Establishment Manager, Fit Out Companies and Store Management team. S/he is responsible for the Fit Out and Services aspects of the project, dimensioning, pre-project planning for fit out and procurement, operational cost, safety requirements and coordination and build-up of new IKEA store project.
COMMERCIAL BUILD UP PREPARTION
- Responsible to facilate the coordination of the compilation pack from establishment and coordinate with all procured fit out companies on the fit out scope required for the store build in the commercial build up phase.
- Responsible to facilate the coordination, support and follow up for the store team for planning and execution for the CBU0
- Responsible to facilate the coordination of the revision pack from store management team and coordinate with all procured fit out companies on the fit out scope required for the store build in the commercial build up phase.
- Responsible for maximising the expected project results from a Retail Operations point of view, by securing the project compilation pack and revision pack based upon the specific project directive/brief. The Retail Fit Out Manager carries out the project according to the compilation and revision packs developed; co-ordinates the fit out teams and other contributors; manages deviations; and updates the project plan.
- Secure the communication of the commercial planning compilation, revision compilation, IT plans and build-up activities for the project and, in close co-operation with the specific retail fit out companies and safety team, lead and coordinates the interface of the retail fit out companies, project management company and store team.
- Secure together with the store equipment specialist confirmation of the equipment order and receiving schedule. Ensure this is synchronised with the commercial build up timeline. • Secure and agree routines with the store logistics manager to receive and move the equipment through the store during the build up.
- Secure together with the Store BNOM Manager & Retail Project Leader ,facilate necessary contracts and local terms and conditions for the project, ensure local safety requirements and ensure all services are in place at the correct time for warehouse racking, carpentry company, furniture, kitchen assembly, waste management, security, cleaning, small equipment (Power tools, office supplies, queue management ect)
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of project commercial build up tools and methods related to retail expansion projects. Responsible to work with construction on any fit out scope cross over to ensure execution is towards commercial compilation before each sectional handover Responsible to coordinate with construction safety to ensure that Fit Out companies are compliant to working methods safety for construction requirements before works commences
- Responsible for reporting defects from construction with project Management Company, retail project leader and construction project manager and recording the defects through the aconex field system
- Secure regular follow up on fit out, CBU planning and the project evaluation during fit out completion. Ensure that all necessary project data & information are documented, evaluated and archived.
- Secure regular evaluations and the project evaluation after fit out completion. Ensure that all necessary project data & information are documented, evaluated and archived.
- IKEA Retailing experience, ideally in a management role with store background.
- Experience of commercial build-up phases.
- Project Management know-how and experience of commercial/store design retail projects.
- Have an understanding of technical engineering and ability to read technical drawings
- IKEA know-how related to tools, methods and processes of expansion project management, store design, store establishment, commercial planning and construction
- Experience from work related to tactical and operational level with a high degree of co-ordination need/complexity.
- Great at building strong working relationships
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Good communication in English and Spanish
- Excellent planning, organisational and co-ordination skills
- Computer literacy including main MS-Office applications and expansion project related applications (where applicable)
This position is based now in Puebla with the opportunity to work in new projects after this and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team apply here!
Please send your CV in English.